Children may be enrolled in Pre-school if they are three years old and potty trained (see below).
Please note that our program is operating as a program exempt from licensure with basic health and safety requirements but has no direct oversight by the Department of Social Services.
Additionally, we have the following readiness checklist for students entering Pre-school:
- Potty trained: able to pull clothes up and down by self to use the bathroom; able to verbalize a need to use the bathroom, go to the restroom, and get up and off toilet by self. (It is a given that at this age accidents will occasionally happen, that they may need help with wiping, and also with buttons, zippers, etc.).
- Ability to handle verbal correction from the teacher or other adults
- Ability to handle redirection
- Manageable separation anxiety from parents or caregiver
- Ability to follow basic verbal directions
- Ability to communicate and interact with peers on a basic, functional, age-appropriate level
Children may enroll in Kindergarten if they are five years old by September 30th of the current school year. Students at this age meet the school entrance age requirement for Virginia and exceptions are not permissible.